Friday, December 15, 2006

Three Months Later



So it's been three months and it's still hard to believe Mike is gone. :*( Some days I just have a really hard time seeing photos and realizing Mike has moved on. I stare at them and let my mind play back the memories I have of Mike and I. Like the time we went to Wasatch for Kristy's graduation from high school. Eventually I will tell the whole story, but initially we stopped in Vail to ride the catwalks....then we were off to Moab to ride. We then attended his sisters graduation in Wasatch and then headed to Salt Lake City to spend the night - where we managed to drink four Long Island Ice Teas in twenty minutes. It's a long story, but probably one of the best experiences I had with Mike and his family. At work I have cycling photos of us at my desk that I look at to relive the memories and great times I had with Mike. I have a handful of fabulous friends that are truly great people, so this is especially hard since Mike was one of them. I admired Mike because he took things pretty serious, and he excelled at everything he did. He always had to be the best - and he always had to have the best of everything.

Eventhough Mike took life pretty serious, he was never shy of taking advantage of an opportunity for horseplay. Like the time we were mountain biking at Cherry Creek reservoir and I was drafting right on his rear wheel. We were flying along and all of the sudden he bunny hopped. Mike was kind enough to jump over a fresh mound of horse dung and let me ride right through the middle of it - splattering it all over ME and my bike!!! Mike could not stop laughing!! I'm not sure if I ever got even with him for this one??!!??!! Grrr.

Well it's late so I'm off to bed.................more later..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home